Thursday, August 04, 2005

Questions Can Change our Lives

Here are the notes I took from our meeting on Wednesday August 3rd.

1. Agreed to create a private blog - i.e. this one The name stopandthink was already used at blogspot.com so I picked "stopandthinkquestions" - Our blog itself has the text title Stop & Think and that is OK. If you want to see the other blog try: http://stopandthink.blogspot.com - Our blog is http://stopandthinkquestions.blogspot.com

2. I noticed in this new blog that it rolled in my Profile rather than giving me a chance to set up a new one that would be about both of us. I hope we can have a separate profile for each blog - otherwise that will be a problem with public blog discussed below.

3. Agreed to create a blog that will be a public blog where we can post things related to stop and think and life changing questions - I will try to get the name lifechangingquestions. I will let you know when it is ready. I will set it up initially as private till we get our feet a little wet.

4. Doug gave Steve some great ideas about Steve's timeline collaboration blog. Thank you Doug. Steve has begun to implement some of the them. Check out the way I have changed the title area and the sidebar in the blog. I also have a new post up on the site that delivers on one of the promises from a previous post. Thanks for your very constructive suggestions.

5. Steve was going to try to find out how to be able to do a blog post that included a URL of a file to download (without having to physically put that file out on some web server). E.g the blogs can already handle pictures in this way, we would like to find a way to do file downloads. Steve did a lot of research today and did not find anything. I have emailed the BLOGSPOT support people to tell me if they have a way to suggest. If we can do it from the blog, that means that the downloads for things like our stop and think book could be on the blog and we would not have to update the stop and think web site in order to accomplish that objective. It would mean that Steve and Doug could do more things themselves.

6. We talked about telling Tony Robbins about what we are doing. Agreed to follow through on that soon. Once we have our blog up, I think we can send him pointers to both with thank yous for the inspiration.

7. We talked about the stop and think web site. Steve has been having great fun with it, using it daily of late as his home page for laptop and desktop. This has been very helpful at encouraging Steve to keep the stop and think ball moving along. The questions out there are great. There are a few minor cosmetic changes to make.

8. Suggested next steps for stop and think web site

A. Check out what level of involvement Trev would like to have going forward and
how much time he feels he might have. Obviously, school is a priority


B. Turn our full book into a PDF of the Word doc and maybe into a PPT. Publish all
these on the web site as free downloads if we are unable to do this on the blog.

That's it for now. Let's see how this works.

No comments: